This prose specification is one component of a work product that also includes:
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Part 0: Overview. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part0-overview/dita-v1.3-os-part0-overview.html.
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Part 1: Base Edition. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part1-base/dita-v1.3-os-part1-base.html. This edition contains topic and map; it is designed for implementers and users who need only the most fundamental pieces of the DITA framework.
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Part 2: Technical Content Edition. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part2-tech-content/dita-v1.3-os-part2-tech-content.html. This edition contains the base architecture plus the technical-content specializations; it is designed for authors who use information typing and document complex applications and devices.
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Part 3: All-Inclusive Edition (this document). http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/dita-v1.3-os-part3-all-inclusive.html. This edition contains the base architecture, technical content, and the learning and training specializations. It is designed for implementers who want all OASIS-approved specializations, as well as users who develop learning and training materials.
- ZIP file that contains a CHM version of the written specification for this part. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/dita-v1.3-os-part3-all-inclusive-chm.zip
- ZIP file that contains an HTML version of the written specification for this part. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/dita-v1.3-os-part3-all-inclusive-html.zip
- ZIP file that contains the grammar files for this part. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/dita-v1.3-os-part3-all-inclusive-grammars.zip
- ZIP file that contains the DITA source for this part. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/dita-v1.3-os-part3-all-inclusive-dita.zip
For more information about the editions and what they contain, see Editions.
The Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) 1.3 specification defines both a) a set of document types for authoring and organizing topic-oriented information; and b) a set of mechanisms for combining, extending, and constraining document types.
This document was last revised or approved by the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC on the above date. The level of approval is also listed above. Check the “Latest version” location noted above for possible later revisions of this document. Any other numbered Versions and other technical work produced by the Technical Committee (TC) are listed at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita#technical.
TC members should send comments on this specification to the TC’s email list. Others should send comments to the TC’s public comment list, after subscribing to it by following the instructions at the “Send A Comment” button on the TC’s web page at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=dita.
For information on whether any patents have been disclosed that may be essential to implementing this specification, and any offers of patent licensing terms, please refer to the Intellectual Property Rights section of the TC’s web page (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dita/ipr.php).
When referencing this specification the following citation format should be used:
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3 Part 3: All-Inclusive Edition. Edited by Robert D. Anderson and Kristen James Eberlein. 17 December 2015. OASIS Standard. http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/dita-v1.3-os-part3-all-inclusive.html. Latest version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/dita-v1.3-part3-all-inclusive.html.