Globalization support offered by the DITA-OT
The DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT) offers globalization support in the following areas: Generated text, index sorting, and bi-directional text.
- Generated text
- Generated text is text that is rendered automatically in the output that
is generated by the DITA-OT; this text is not located in the DITA source files. The
following are examples of generated text:
- The word "Chapter in a PDF file.
- The phrases "Related concepts," "Related tasks," and "Related reference" in XHTML output.
- Index sorting
- The DITA-OT can use only a single language to sort indexes.
What does the ICU for Java provide? Does index sorting occur if ICU for Java is NOT installed?
- Bi-directional text
- The DITA-OT contains style sheets (CSS files) that support both left-to-right (LTR)
and right-to-left (RTL) languages.
What support is offered by the legacypdf and pdf2 transformations?
Does the DITA-OT also use the values for the @dir attribute?