This section collects commonly used attributes, with common definitions. If an element uses a different definition, or narrows the scope of, an otherwise common attribute, it will be called out in the topic that defines the element.
In this section:
- Universal attribute groupThe universal attribute group defines a set of common attributes available on most DITA elements. The universal attribute group includes all attributes from the metadata, ID, localization, and debug attribute groups, plus the @class attribute.
- Architectural attribute groupThe architectural attributes group includes a set of attributes defined for document level elements such as <topic> and <map>. These attributes are intended to provide information about the DITA namespace, what level of DITA is in use, and what vocabulary modules are in use.
- Attributes common to many map elementsThis attribute group collects several attributes that are used on a variety of map elements. For a few elements, the group is modified slightly to remove an attribute such as @toc or @format; in those cases the element definition will clarify that the element does not use this full set. That is generally done in order to specify a default for one attribute, such as defaulting @format to "ditamap" on the <mapref> element.
- Complex-table attribute groupThe Complex-table attribute group includes several attributes that are defined on complex table elements. Most of these attributes are part of the OASIS Exchange model; table elements generally use only a subset of the attributes defined in this group. These attributes are not available for the <simpletable> elements.
- Data element attributes groupThe data element attributes group includes attributes that are defined for the <data> element, and are reused on most or all specializations of the <data> element.
- Date attributes groupThe date attributes group includes attributes that take date values, and are defined on metadata elements that work with date information.
- Display attribute groupThe display attribute group includes attributes whose values can be used for affecting the display of many elements.
- Link relationship attribute groupThe link relationship attribute group includes attributes whose values can be used for representing navigational relationships. These attributes occur only on elements that represent relationships among DITA elements or between DITA elements and non-DITA resources.
- Other common attributesThese common attributes are used across a wide variety of elements, with the common definition included below. These attributes are not defined as a group, and many elements only specify one or two from this list.
- Simpletable attribute groupThe simpletable attribute group includes several attributes that are defined on the <simpletable> element and <simpletable> specializations. These attributes are not defined for the OASIS exchange table (<table>).
- Specialization attributes groupThese attributes are designed to be used by specializers, and are not intended for direct use by authors.
- Topicref element attributes groupThe topicref element attributes group includes attributes that are defined for the <topicref> element, and are reused on most or all specializations of the <topicref> element.
- Complex attribute definitionsSeveral DITA attributes require more explanation than can fit in a single table cell. Those attributes are collected here.
Parent topic: Language reference: All-inclusive edition