The <tm> element identifies a term or phrase that is trademarked. Trademarks include registered trademarks, service marks, slogans, and logos.
The business rules for indicating and displaying trademarks might differ from company to company. These business rules can be enforced by either authoring policy or processing.
See appendix for information about this element in OASIS document type shells.
<p>The advantages of using <tm trademark="DB2 Universal Database" tmtype="tm"> <tm trademark="DB2" tmtype="reg" tmclass="ibm">DB2</tm> Universal Database</tm> are well known.</p>
The following attributes are available on this element: Universal attribute group and the attributes defined below.
- @tmtype (REQUIRED)
- Specifies the trademark type. Allowable values are:
- trademark (tm)
- registered trademark (regtm)
- service mark (service)
- See Using the -dita-use-conref-target value for more information.
- The trademarked term.
- The trademark owner, for example "OASIS".
- Classification of the trademark. This can be used to differentiate different groupings of trademarks.