Learning and training metadata elements
Use the learning and training metadata to describe specific characteristics of the learning content. The learning and training metadata elements provide a robust metadata model for learning objects, built upon industry standards and best practices. Defined as a domain, these elements are available for use in both the topic prolog and the map topicmeta.
In this section:
- lcLomThe <lcLom> provides a set of specialized data elements to use to specify metadata in the learning topics and learning map domain.
- lomAggregationLevelThe <lomAggregationLevel> describes the functional size of the learning resource.
- lomContextThe <lomContext> describes the typical learning environment where use of the learning object is intended to take place.
- lomCoverageThe <lomCoverage> provides learning metadata about the temporal or spatial characteristics of the content, such as historical context.
- lomDifficultyThe <lomDifficulty> provides learning metadata about how hard it is to work through the resource for the typical target audience.
- lomInstallationRemarksThe <lomInstallationRemarks> provides learning metadata about how to install and needed resources.
- lomIntendedUserRoleThe <lomIntendedUserRole> provides learning metadata about the normal user of the resource, most dominant first.
- lomInteractivityLevelThe <lomInteractivityLevel> provides learning metadata about the level of interactivity between an end user and the learning object.
- lomInteractivityTypeThe <lomInteractivityType> provides learning metadata about the the type of interactivity supported by the resource.
- lomLearningResourceTypeThe <lomLearningResourceType> provides learning metadata about the specific kind of resource used, most dominant kind first.
- lomOtherPlatformRequirementsThe <lomOtherPlatformRequirements> provides learning metadata information about other software and hardware requirements.
- lomSemanticDensityThe <lomSemanticDensity> provides learning metadata about a subjective measure of the learning object's usefulness as compared to its size or duration.
- lomStructureThe <lomStructure> provides learning metadata about the underlying organizational structure of the resource.
- lomTechRequirementThe <lomTechRequirement> provides learning metadata about the operating system(s) under which the learning resource can run.
- lomTypicalAgeRangeThe <lomTypicalAgeRange> provides learning metadata about the age of the typical intended user.
- lomTypicalLearningTimeThe <lomTypicalLearningTime> provides learning metadata about the approximate or typical time it takes to work with the resource.
Parent topic: Learning and training elements